Built and managed with retirement needs in mind
The Fund aims to provide investors with stable, risk-adjusted returns above inflation with lower volatility of returns, over the full investment cycle. It seeks to achieve this through investment in a portfolio of assets diversified across asset classes, sources of returns (from different asset types) and investment managers, and by maintaining a contemporary investment portfolio that is relevant to market conditions. As it is specifically designed for retirement, it is managed with a focus on income and franking credits. It also provides daily liquidity which gives investors peace of mind should unexpected emergencies arise.
"The Core Retirement Fund is designed specifically for investors in or close to retirement. The Fund aims to deliver a steady and smooth return over the longer term to help fund investors' living expenses in retirement."Darren Beesley, Senior Portfolio Manager
The Fund seeks to minimise investment losses in potentially adverse investment environments through diversification. It invests in a portfolio of assets that is spread across different asset classes, sectors and geographies as well as different investment managers.
The Fund is actively managed, and uses dynamic asset allocation which means it has the flexibility to change the asset class mix at any time within broad ranges. This allows the portfolio manager to take advantage of market opportunities but conversely, allows the portfolio manager to adopt a more defensive position depending on market conditions.
The Fund utilises AMP Capital’s Multi-Asset Group capabilities in implementing risk management strategies, such as hedging, to help cushion the impact of major market volatility.
How does this fund fit into your portfolio?
The fund may be suitable for those who:
- Are close or in retirement and are looking for a low cost, lower volatility investment solution
- Would like the ability to access their investment in retirement to fund life’s emergencies
What are the risks?
- Alternative assets – traditional risks such as credit and liquidity risk can be magnified for alternative assets.
- Asset allocation – the Fund’s asset allocation strategy does not guarantee positive investment performance at all stages of the investment cycle.
- Derivatives – the use of derivatives may magnify any losses incurred.
- Interest rates – including the risk of capital loss in a rising interest rate environment.
- International investments – including losses related to currency exchange rates, hedging, and changes in the state of the Australian and world economies.
- Investment management – there is a risk that the investment manager will not perform to expectation or factors such as changes to the investment team or a change of investment manager may affect the Fund’s performance.
- Property investments – factors such as the quality of underlying properties and geographic location may affect the Fund’s performance.
- Securities lending – although engaging in securities lending by underlying funds in which the Fund invests may benefit the Fund by providing increased returns, there is a risk of capital loss.
- Share market investments – the value of the Fund’s investment in listed securities may decrease as a result of adverse share market movements.
- Infrastructure investments – factors affecting infrastructure assets (such as a company’s ability to service debt in a rising interest rate environment) may negatively affect the value of the Fund’s investments.
The ‘Risks of investing’ section of the Product Disclosure Statement and Incorporated Information for this Fund provides further information about the risks noted above, as well as information about other investment risks of which you should be aware.
|Investment objective||The Fund aims to deliver returns of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) +3.5% before fees, including franking credits over rolling 5-year periods.|
|Minimum suggested timeframe||5 Years|
|Product inception date||21 Jul 2016|
|Risk level (1-7)||4. Medium|
The Fund's risk level is based on the estimated number of negative annual returns for the Fund over any 20 year period and is not a complete assessment of the risks of investing in the Fund. For instance it does not detail what the size of a negative return could be or the potential for a positive return to be less than an investor may require to meet their objectives. Consequently, before choosing to invest or reinvest in the Fund, you should read the Fund's PDS and incorporated information and consider factors such as the likely investment return, the risks of investing and your investment time frame. Information about the methodology used for calculating the risk level is available here.
Documents & Downloads
Important note: The unit prices displayed in this section are indicative only
If unit prices are not available for today then the latest available prices will be displayed. Unit prices are not calculated on weekends or public holidays.
Our unit price discretion policy states where we may exercise certain discretions in determining the unit price of units on application or withdrawal in each investment option. View and download our Unit Pricing Discretions Policy for the types of discretions that we may exercise, in what circumstances, our policies on how we exercise the discretions and the reasons why we consider our policies are reasonable.
Unit prices are provided for your information only and are not guaranteed. They are based on historical data and you should not rely on the above information as the basis for making any investment, financial or other decision as past unit prices are not a reliable indicator of future unit prices.
During the time it takes to process an application or redemption application, the unit price may vary and the actual unit prices applying to applications and redemptions may differ from those displayed in this section. Actual unit prices can be confirmed on receipt of a completed application or redemption form.
None of AMP Capital Funds Management Limited (ABN 15 159 557 72, AFSL 426455), AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591, AFSL 232497), National Mutual Funds Management Limited (ABN 32 006 787 720, AFSL 234652), or any company within the AMP Group makes any representation or warranty as to the reliability, completeness or accuracy of the unit price information or accepts any responsibility arising in any way (including by reason of negligence) for errors in or omissions from the unit price information.
The information in this section is not an offer or recommendation of securities or other financial products offered by the AMP Group and is not an invitation to take up securities or other financial products. Investors should consider the relevant PDS available from us for the relevant fund before making any decision regarding the product.
Important notes: Past Performance
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
Performance is annualised for periods greater than one year. Total returns are calculated using the unit price which uses the net asset values for the relevant month end. This price may differ from the actual unit price for an investor applying for or redeeming an investment. Actual unit prices will be confirmed following any transaction by an investor. Returns quoted are before tax, after fees and costs, and assume all distributions are reinvested.
- MyNorth (Known as MyNorth Retirement Fund)
- AMP Flexible Super (Super/Retirement)
- Flexible Lifetime Investments
- Netwealth Super Wrap
- PortfolioCare eWrap - Investment/Super/Pension
- Signature Super/Pension/Select
AMP Capital Funds Management Limited (ABN 15 159 557 721, AFSL 426455) (AMPCFM) is the responsible entity of the AMP Capital Core Retirement Fund (Fund), also known as the MyNorth Retirement Fund, and the issuer of the units in the Fund. To invest in the Fund, investors will need to obtain the current Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) from AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591, AFSL 232 497) (AMP Capital). The PDS contains important information about investing in the Fund and it is important that investors read the PDS before making a decision about whether to acquire, or continue to hold or dispose of units in the Fund. Neither AMP Capital, AMPCFM nor any other company in the AMP group guarantees the repayment of capital or the performance of any product. This document has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of the information in this document, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs. The adviser remains responsible for any advice/ services they provide to clients including making their own inquiries and ensuring that the advice/ services are appropriate and in accordance with all legal requirements. Therefore, advisers must not attribute any advice/service to AMP Capital or in any way suggest that AMP Capital is the author of any part of that advice/service.