Global listed real estate delivers income with protection against inflation
In the current low growth environment, global listed real estate is uniquely placed to offer investors a good source of income and protection against inflation.The AMP Capital Global Property Securities Fund was developed to give investors access to a diversified portfolio of real estate securities and real estate investment trusts (REITs) listed on equity markets around the world. By investing in a portfolio of listed real estate trusts, investors are also able to withdraw small amounts of capital if needed. The Fund trades as an Active ETF on the ASX using ticker code RENT.
“Listed real estate provides access to high quality assets around the world in a highly liquid form, enabling investors to quickly act on opportunities.”James Maydew, Head of Global Listed Real Estate
The Fund invests in both Australian and global listed real estate. This means investors have access to a broader range of regions, sectors and securities which provide the potential for income and capital growth.
By actively managing the fund, we are able to act on market opportunities as they arise and where we have a high conviction in the performance potential of specific companies or their listed securities.
Investors benefit from the expertise of our global listed real estate teams on the ground in Sydney, Hong Kong, London and Chicago, who provide insights into local trends and changing market conditions.
What are the risks?
- Share market investments - The Fund invests in securities that are listed on share markets around the world. This means that the Fund will be affected by any risks associated with these securities. This includes how they perform, their strategy, management, how sustainable their earnings are, and other factors that affect the value and performance of a security, as well as those associated with international investments. Adverse share market movements could result in capital losses, particularly over the shorter term.
- International investments - The relative strength or weakness of the Australian dollar against other currencies will affect the Fund’s performance.
- Property investments - Many factors affecting the property market may impact the value of the securities held by the Fund. These factors include the quality of the underlying properties, demand and supply factors, the rental profile of the properties, geographic location, and costs and losses associated with natural disasters, or other disasters or events, outside of our reasonable control.
- Investment management - Factors such as changes to the investment team may affect the Fund’s performance.
- Derivatives - Use of derivatives carries certain risks and may magnify any losses incurred.
- Liquidity - Assets subject to liquidity risk may be difficult to trade and it may take longer for their full value to be realised.
- Interest rates - There is a risk of capital loss in a rising interest rate environment.
Risks specific to Active ETFs
- Liquidity – although the units are quoted on the AQUA market of the ASX, there can be no assurance that there will be a liquid market for units, and no assurance that there will be a liquid market for the Fund’s investments.
- ASX trading price – the trading price of units on the ASX may differ from the Net Asset Value (NAV) per unit and the indicative NAV (iNAV).
- ASX trading – in certain circumstances, the ASX may suspend trading of the units of the Fund and in that event unitholders would not be able to buy or sell units of the Fund on the ASX.
- Market making – as the Responsible Entity intends to act as a market maker in the units on behalf of the Fund, the Fund will bear the cost and risk of these market making activities.
How does this fund fit into your portfolio?
The Fund is designed for investors seeking an investment which provides the potential for sustainable income and capital growth over the long term. It can be used to complement existing solutions in a blended portfolio or it can be used individually. When used with existing solutions, the Fund fits within the growth component of an investor’s overall portfolio.
* Data is delayed by at least 20 minutes.
** Estimated as of close of previous trading day.
^^ iNAV is an indicative net asset value per unit, updated during the ASX trading day for foreign exchange movements in the Fund's portfolio of stocks and for stocks that have live market prices during the day.
|Management Costs^ (%p.a.)||0.9916%|
^The Fund PDS outlines management costs components, as well as other fees and costs that may apply to your investment. You can review the PDS at www.ampcapital.com.au
|Ex date||Record date||Payment date||Distribution Unit ($)|
|Bloomberg Code||RENT AU|
|INAV IRESS Code||RENTINAV.ETF|
This website has been prepared by AMP Capital Investors Ltd (ABN 59 001 777 591, AFSL 232497) (“AMP Capital”).
BetaShares Capital Ltd (ACN 139 566 868, AFSL 341181 ("BetaShares") is the responsible entity and the issuer of units in the AMP CAPITAL DYNAMIC MARKETS FUND (HEDGE FUND), AMP CAPITAL GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITIES FUND (UNHEDGED) (MANAGED FUND), AMP CAPITAL GLOBAL PROPERTY SECURITIES FUND (UNHEDGED) (MANAGED FUND), (each a “Fund”).
AMP Capital is the investment manager of the Funds and has been appointed by the responsible entity to provide investment management and associated services in respect of the Funds. Investors should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the relevant Fund before making any decision regarding the Fund. The PDS contains important information about investing in each Fund and it is important investors read the PDS before making a decision about whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of units in the Funds. Neither BetaShares, AMP Capital, nor any other company in the AMP Group guarantees the repayment of capital or the performance of any product or any particular rate of return referred to in this information.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
While every care has been taken in the preparation of this information, BetaShares and AMP Capital make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any statement in it including without limitation, any forecasts. This content has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of this information, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs.
The Lonsec Rating (assigned August 2020) presented in this document is published by Lonsec Research Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 658 561 AFSL 421445. The Rating is a "class service" (as defined in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 (NZ)) or is limited to "General Advice" (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and based solely on consideration of the investment merits of the financial product(s). In New Zealand it must only be provided to "wholesale clients" (as defined in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 (NZ)). Past performance information is for illustrative purposes only and is not indicative of future performance. It is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold AMP Capital product(s), and you should seek independent financial advice before investing in this product(s). The Rating is subject to change without notice and Lonsec assumes no obligation to update the relevant document(s) following publication. Lonsec receives a fee from the Fund Manager for researching the product(s) using comprehensive and objective criteria. For further information regarding Lonsec's Ratings methodology, please refer to www.lonsecresearch.com.au/research-solutions/our-ratings.