Our key motivation for considering ESG issues within an investment process is to gain a deeper insight into areas of risk and opportunity that could materially impact the value or performance of an investment. ESG issues are often amplified by macro or external factors. ESG issues are often reflected in regulation associated with particular stakeholder issues, or may pose operational, financial, strategic, reputational or systematic risks to economies, industry sectors, companies or physical assets. View our latest ESG insights, case studies and other resources below.
Featured in Environmental Social Governance (ESG)MORE PUBLICATIONS
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are more prominent than ever. From climate change to COVID-19 to the risk of worker exploitation, companies and investors each have a role to play in ensuring there are collective and sustainable responses to these major challenges...
ESG investment insights
- Carbon-Footprint Funds
- Runaway Pay and Conflicts of Interest
- Sharing everything and the last mile: Key social trends changing global real estate
- Is factory farming making us sick?
- CEO Pay: What are CEOs worth?
- Greenhouse gas emissions: Risks and challenges for portfolios
- The ready-made garment sector at crossroads - Bangladesh field trip 2014
- Unconventional gas extraction: Its importance in the transition to a low carbon economy
- The risk of being overweight in all the wrong areas: a review of the food and beverage sector
- ESG - Busting the myths
- Retailers: why their ESG is important to investors
- Assessing climate change risk in the S&P/ASX 200 index and equity portfolios
- ESG: How much value does it add?
- Commercial services sector – struggling with new dynamics
- Transport and ESG – watch out for the bumps along the road
- Environmental, Social and Governance considerations in Infrastructure PPP’s
- ESG consideration in social infrastructure investments
- How greening your property credentials makes good investment sense
- How sustainable are Australian retailers' new sourcing strategies?
- ESG and the media sector: staying clear of the value traps
- Property and Infrastructure case studies
- Why understanding ESG factors makes for better investment decisions
Policies and Investment Guidelines
- AMP Capital's position on Modern Slavery
- AMP Capital's ESG philosophy
- AMP Capital's position on Cluster Munitions, Anti-Personnel Landmines, Chemical and Biological Weapons
- AMP Capital's position on Tobacco and e-cigarettes
- Proxy Voting Policy
- Asset stewardship statement
- Infrastructure ESG Policy Guidelines
- AMP Capital Real Estate ESG and responsible investment guidelines
- AMP Capital's Exclusion List
- AMP Capital's position on Modern Slavery
We actively collaborate with other stakeholders through a variety of industry initiatives to improve corporate governance standards, improve transparency and disclosure and encourage responsible investment practices through the integration of ESG issues including:
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN)
- GRESB - Global ESG Benchmark for Real Estate and Infrastructure
- Asia Corporate Governance Association (ACGA)
- Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA)
- Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC)
- Financial Services Council (FSC)
- ASX Corporate Governance Council
- Emerging Markets Disclosure Project
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Property Council of Australia
- Green Building Council Australia
- Better Building Partnership (City of Sydney)
- CitySwitch program
- Access to Medicine Foundation
- WorldGBC’s Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
While every care has been taken in the preparation of this information contained in this website, neither AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591)(AFSL 232497) nor any member of the AMP Group make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any statement in it including without limitation, any forecasts. This content has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information only, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of the information on this website, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs. Content sourced from Cuffelinks and Livewire does not represent the views of AMP Capital or any member of the AMP Group. All information on this website is subject to change without notice.