Our complaints resolution process
Our complaints resolution process is free of charge.
We are committed to act honestly, fairly, efficiently and transparently. We put fair customer outcomes at the centre of our decision making and treat customers who raise complaints with respect, courtesy and empathy.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within one (1) business day or as soon as practicable.
If your complaint is resolved immediately or within five (5) business days, we will not provide you with a written response unless you request it or unless the complaint is in relation to hardship. If your complaint cannot be resolved within five (5) business days, we will commence the complaint resolution process and provide the following information:
- name and contact information of the Customer Resolution Team responsible for handling your complaint,
- regular updates on the progress of investigation of your complaint,
- date when the resolution of complaint is likely to be completed,
- reasons for delays,
- other relevant details.
Depending on the type and complexity of complaint, different timeframes apply for the resolution of the complaint.
How long does it take?
We will always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If we cannot resolve your issue immediately, the following regulatory timeframes* apply. The length of time during which we aim to resolve your complaint depends on the type and complexity of complaint.
*There may be exceptional circumstances where the timeframes may be extended.
Credit related complaints involving hardship notices or requests to postpone enforcement proceedings 21 calendar days after receiving the complaint
Credit related complaints involving default notices 21 calendar days after receiving the complaint Superannuation trustee complaints
45 calendar days after receiving the complaint
Superannuation death benefit distribution
90 calendar days after receiving the complaint
Standard complaints (anything that doesn’t fit the above including other banking complaints)
30 calendar days after
receiving the complaint
How to make a complaint
- Via our website: https://www.ampcapital.com/au/en/contact-us
- In writing: email us email@example.com, or alternatively send us a letter to
GPO Box 5445 Sydney NSW 2001
- By phone: 1800 658 404 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm AEST time)
Needing help to make a complaint?
If you need support or help to make a complaint, you can allow a representative to lodge complaint on your behalf. Such representative might be financial counsellors, legal representatives, family, friends and members of parliament. We need your permission to speak with anyone else about your complaint – which can be provided either verbally or in writing.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service:
- TTY (Text Telephone) users – phone 133 677 then ask for the AMP Capital telephone number you wish to contact.
- Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users – phone 1300 555 727 then ask for the AMP Capital telephone number you wish to contact.
- Internet relay users – visit the National Relay Service
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) provides interpreting services to people who do not speak English and to agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National can be contacted on 131450.
What if I’m not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint?
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, or if we have not responded within the above timeframes, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
AFCA provides a fair and independent complaint resolution service that’s free of charge to consumers and small businesses.
In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, MELBOURNE VIC 3001, Australia
Phone: 1800 931 678
There may be a time limit for referring your complaint to AFCA, usually two years from when you receive your complaint outcome from AMP. You should contact them or visit their website for more details.
Hardship, financial difficulty & support
If you are experiencing hardship or financial difficulty, please let us know as soon as possible so we can discuss your circumstances, possible solutions and additional support.
We’re committed to treating you with sensitivity, compassion and respect, and will do what we can to help you get the support you need. For specific support needs:
- Physical & mental health support - click here
- Financially vulnerable support - click here
- Family and domestic violence support - click here
- Life changes – significant events – click here
- Diverse community – additional support here
location_on GPO Box 5445, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia
phone 1800 658 404
2. AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591)(AFSL 232497) has prepared this content for the purpose of providing general information only, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, read the relevant product disclosure statement or terms and conditions available on our website ampcapital.com and seek professional advice. You can read our Financial Services Guide <hyperlink> for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP Capital companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you. All information on this website is subject to change without notice. This content is not intended for distribution or use in any jurisdiction where it would be contrary to applicable laws, regulations or directives and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, solicitation or invitation to invest.
While every care has been taken in the preparation of this information contained in this website, neither AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591)(AFSL 232497) nor any member of the AMP Group make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any statement in it including without limitation, any forecasts. This content has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information only, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of the information on this website, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs. Content sourced from Cuffelinks and Livewire does not represent the views of AMP Capital or any member of the AMP Group. All information on this website is subject to change without notice. This content is not intended for distribution or use in any jurisdiction where it would be contrary to applicable laws, regulations or directives and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, solicitation or invitation to invest.